Is your art getting the attention it deserves?
ORDER your copy of I’d Rather Be in the Studio from this site and get the bonus gifts below.
Also available in e-book formats: PDF and Kindle!
Note: Image at left is of 2011 edition. Only 2008 editions remain. Scroll down for details and e-options.
If you’re ready to get past the excuses you’ve been making for your lack of success . . .
If you’re ready to get out of the studio and take charge . . .
I’d Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist’s No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion offers practical advice to help you sell more art and build an art career that lasts.
I’d Rather Be in the Studio will help you . . .
- Introduce yourself as an artist so people want to know more
- Nail your artist statement and use it as the foundation for your marketing
- Expand your mailing list and use it to cultivate collectors
- Create marketing materials that outshine the competition
- Learn what you need to do to become a media magnet
- Take advantage of your website and blog to build a bigger audience
- 32 Ideas for when you need something to write about
- 26 Routines to stop procrastinating and start marketing your art
- 19 Categories for your art inventory records
- 15+ Stories from artists who implemented creative promotional ideas
- 12 Tips for dealing with the media
- 11 Rules for your marketing material
- 10 Steps for a more effective artist statement
This book is the result of spending more than a decade consulting with artists.
I wrote it for every artist who wants more recognition.
Yes, you may have heard of some of this before, but you have never had
all of this information in a single resource. I promise.
Books purchased from this site include an instant download of the e-book version*
Buy your e-copy or hard copy of I’d Rather Be in the Studio from this site and receive:
1 Instant download of the e-edition (PDF) of the 2011 edition
Start soaking it all in before your hard copy arrives.
2 Bonus recording #1
A 282-page book on self-promotion can be overwhelming. In this bonus audio program (MP3 instant download), I point out the most critical actions for your art business in the book, while introducing you to my business and how I got to this point.
I’ve always found it helpful to hear my coaches’ voices and hope that this audio will get you off to a quick start with the book.
3 Bonus recording #2 + transcript
I want all of my clients to be money savvy, so I’m sharing with you an interview I conducted with Luna Jaffe. Get this: Luna is a financial planner and an artist! She wants to help you have a healthy relationship with money and we talk about this in the interview. PDF transcript and MP3 audio file instant downloads.
4 Signed copy
All copies sent from the Art Biz Coach office are signed by me. Please request further personalization.
282 pages. Printed on 100% recycled paper. Includes PDF instant download and PDF of upcoming 2014 edition when it’s released.
**All that I have left are review copies (imperfect) of 2008 editions. Much of the information is the same, although there is no social media in that edition. You will receive the 2011 PDF immediately and the 2014 PDF when it’s available.
Please note that shipping to Canada and overseas is now more than $20! E-editions might be better options.
The PDF e-book (218 pages) has everything except the index from the hard copy version. It’s a 2.2 MB file that you can download instantly. You will not receive a hard copy of anything when you choose this option.
Includes PDF of upcoming 2014 edition when it’s released.
$24 PDF edition